Scotlens is hiring!
Job opportunity: CONTACT LENS PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Scotlens | Custom fit contact lenses, based in Linlithgow, is growing and so we’re looking to add to our team.
Scotlens is a contact lens manufacturing company operating from Linlithgow, West Lothian. We are Scotland’s leading contact lens manufacturer providing rigid gas permeable lenses to prescription for Optometrists and Opticians.
We are a small team of nine people who work well together, and we’re looking to add a Contact Lens Production Assistant to our team. Due to the specialist nature of our business, we place greater value on attributes rather than directly relevant experience. If you are looking to start a career, returning to work or thinking of a change of career, this might be the opportunity you are looking for.
We make some of the highest quality contact lenses in the UK
Scotlens have been focused on producing the best quality contact lenses for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on our attention to every detail of production. All our lenses are made to order and usually shipped within 24 hours. As a Contact Lens Production Assistant at Scotlens, you’ll be responsible for making sure this happens as efficiently as possible!
Our products are medical devices and are therefore manufactured to MHRA regulations and ISO 13485:2016. We are audited on our standards annually and making sure we adhere to these standards is a key aspect of the role.
Title: Contact Lens Production Assistant
Hours: 8.30 – 5pm, 30 min lunch break, eqv 40 hours a week, Mon – Fri F/T,
Starting Salary: Depending on age and experience.
Holidays: 20 days plus public
Purpose and scope of job
The Contact Lens Production Assistant works closely with all members of the team to administrate the office and manufacturing processes. Your working day is busy and varied but you are always the first point of contact for our customers as you process their journey from ordering to receiving their goods. Your role in the company is vital, providing information to and administrating portions of most other staff roles. Because of this your processes are checked at regular stages by the senior manufacturing and quality staff.
You are called upon to provide regular information to the team members, speak to valued customers daily and seek advice from senior staff. You should have a good standard of education, be computer literate and ideally have had some customer service experience. A meticulous eye for detail is required and great organisational skills. This job includes some manual handling. A completer/finisher would be just the right person.
You will also be expected to assist our Contact Lens Technicians with some general manufacturing duties. This includes operation of our CNC lathes, as well as performing verification checks at various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Open up and turn off alarm / lock up and set alarm (not every day – we all share responsibilities).
- Answering phone.
- Opening post, distributing to correct team members.
- Invoicing: processing the paperwork to the point that the final product is complete with data flow and ready to send to customer.
- Ordering and receiving goods from suppliers.
- Job sheet data flow – initiating a worksheet for each order following a template, processing these worksheets to ensure compliance to the Quality Management System.
- Booking out: receiving finished jobs from Manufacturing. Packaging, addressing, completing paperwork then passing to courier for collection.
- Stock management of manufacturing, admin and general factory supplies including ordering, having an overview of stock, gathering orders from staff members and ordering from suppliers.
- Packaging: putting stock (lenses) into packaging with instructions and preparing for post / courier.
- Credits: creating paperwork when a lens is returned, checking against original order and on advice of line manager issuing credits to customers.
- Softs and solutions: stock items we supply to customers, not manufactured on site. Maintaining these stock levels, rotating stock in line with expiry dates and processing these orders for dispatch to customers.
- Production: Assisting with general Contact Lens manufacturing tasks.
You will be fully trained and supported in lens examination and use of our lens design software. These are bespoke processes, so we do not expect the right candidate to have experience or confidence in these aspects of the job.
- Final checking and packaging of lenses.
- Calculations – designing lenses from ordered parameters in lathe software.
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to follow protocol
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy – training will be given on bespoke computer packages
- Excellent timekeeper
NON-ESSENTIAL BUT DESIRABLE
- Completer finisher
- Team player
- Confident working in small work environment
- Educated to Higher level or equivalent college certification
- Customer service experience
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your CV to email@example.com with :-
- ‘Contact Lens Production Assistant ’ in the subject title
- In the message please write a covering email outlining how you meet the specifications